Sunday 26 September 2010

Pub team beats the Gunners


WEST BROM COACH ?
Ian Poulter golfer (I am with Mark Twain on that sport) sometime dandy of the links, Arsenal fan and general all purpose plonker was less than impressed by his team's performance on Saturday and tweeted that they were losing to a "Pub Team"

As a life long supporter of said pub team (West Bromwich Albion est. 1879 aka The Baggies) I have to say that I was chuffed to bits by the performance. Particularly on the back of impressive displays against Birmingham and Man City in the same week.

Having watched the extended highlights I think I am safe in saying that it was our finest hour in the Premiership and the team played like heroes to a man. Andy Gray's analysis highlighted the fact that we had courage to take on Arsenal and had a game plan that was a credit to Di Matteo and the rest of the coaching staff.

Currently having played 6 games we lie 6th in the league on 10 points (only another 30 required for safety) and more importantly for the 1st time we look like we have a squad that belongs in the division rather than one that is just visiting from the Championship. It is early days and I am trying not to get carried away but I cannot help but feel optimistic.

I have tickets for the Bolton game next week and will be making one of my too infrequent trips to the Hawthorns in high spirits, whatever next week throws at me.

Desperately Seeking Employment

The job search continues and whilst I have managed to obtain interviews no gainful employment has been forthcoming as yet.

I hit a bit of a nadir on Thursday. Having attended one spectacularly unsuccessful  appointment ( it is a rare event that both parties agree to stop wasting each others time mid interview) I was standing on a platform at London Bridge watching commuters trying to squeeze into already crowded carriages and I felt sorry for the poor sods having to do this everyday. It then dawned on me had I been successful, I would be doing exactly the same, I must be desperate to even consider commuting to London by train it looks utterly soul destroying but it will have to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment